Twentieth birthdays are special ones. It ushers in a new decade of life between being a teenager and middleager. Whether it’s a friend, son, or daughter, you certainly want to send your well wishes on this special occasion.
Sometimes, though, we can struggle to find the right funny, sincere, or personal message to the birthday boy or girl, right? That’s why we’ve taken the time to collect a few different wordings to help you send the perfect message. Simply through the collection and pick what sums up your thoughts.
Table of Contents
- Happy 20th Birthday for Friends
- Happy 20th Birthday for A Son Entering His Twenties
- Happy 20th Birthday to your Daughter
- Funny 20th Birthday Wishes!
- Happy 20th Birthday Messages for your Sister
- Inspirational Quotes for 20th Birthday
Happy 20th Birthday for Friends
Tell a friend you’ve remembered their very special day with one of these messages that can be sent electronically.
- The teen years are in your dust, old pal. Hope you have a robust day of celebrations.
- It’s more important to make each year count than to count each year, but I surely wanted to recognize you being around for two entire decades. Doesn’t that make us sound so old?
- A blessed 20th to one of the best people I know, and here’s to many more years of friendship.
- May turning 20-years-old be filled with big dreams, few worries, and every blessing possible.
- You’re sure to become more responsible and serious about life’s ambitions as your teenage years come to an end, but don’t ever let that dim your fun-loving spirit! Best birthday wishes to my dear sweet friend.
- They say youth lives to dream and old age lives to amend. Congrats on entering that sweet spot where you just live to live. Enjoy the 20s to their fullest.
- My buddy is officially in the second tier of double digits, but you’ll always be first tier to me.
- Wishing you the brightest, loudest, and proudest day ever! Should be a cakewalk since you’ve had 19 years of birthday cake to prepare.
- To my dear friend, though we are afar living this new chapter of life, know that I’ll never forget the day one of nearest and dearest friends was born. May today be absolutely fantastic in every single way imaginable.
20th Birthday Captions > Click here for our collection of birthday captions for Instagram
Happy 20th Birthday for A Son Entering His Twenties
Select a clever or heartfelt message to tell that special young man you parented just how overjoyed you are to see him turn another year older.
- Dear son, as you close your teenage years with much delight, do know that you’ll never stop being our baby boy. Congrats and best wishes on this and many more adult b-days.
- With each time you check another age off the list of life, you prove that we can love you more, be prouder, and be happier. Enjoy this special birthday, our special boy.
- Live, love, and always think before you leap. You’ve done a great job as a teenager, and I know that you’ll do just as well in this next chapter, birthday boy!
- You’ve proved that a teenage son is a tremendous blessing, and we know you’ll continue to do so as you blow out this year’s 20 candles.
- It doesn’t seem like it’s been 240 months since we first held our tiny baby, but we sure are proud of everything you’ve accomplished and the young man you’ve become. Celebrate today knowing you’re so very loved and cherished.
- Boy, oh boy, my boy has turned into a young man. May your day be as big and grand as you’ve been in our eyes over the past 20 years.
- You might have left kid-hood behind today, but you’ll always be my favorite kid! Love you today and everyday.
- Here’s a birthday wish for much happiness, prosperity, and dreams come true on this gorgeous 20th anniversary of the day I first held you in my arms.
- After these 20 short years, I couldn’t be prouder of the boy you’ve been, the gentleman you are, and the man you’re quickly becoming! May you have a very happy and fun birthday.
Happy 20th Birthday to your Daughter
Try one of these texts to wish your little girl the very best for a very special birthday.
- My lovely and sweet girl, this extra special birthday ushers adulthood into your life. We are completely confident you’ve got it in the bag, which leaves you to just enjoy your cake and gifts.
- You may be 20 today, but you’ll never be too old for snuggles and kisses from mom and dad! Love to you on your big day.
- Turning 10 and 16 were big kid birthdays. Welcome to your first big one as an adult! All our love to you as you transition to your twenties.
- From tween… to teen… to twenty. Time sure speeds by, my dear, but it doesn’t take a birthday to make my heart soar with love for you.
- Another year, another number, but never forget that 20-year-olds can call home, too. Hugs and kisses sweet girl!
- No matter how old you get, never forget that your future is totable, your dreams are doable, and your parents need to know your location at all times. Now, go forth to your fab 20th, and text us when you get home safely.
- Here’s the 411: my daughter turned the big 2-0 today, but I’ll never be 10-10 ( off duty) if my big girl needs me.
- Hope my 20-year-old daughter has the best birthday ever. Sorry we can’t celebrate it together in-person, but you know my heart is with you.
- What kind of celebration would reaching age 20 be without imparting a smidge of parental wisdom to our girl: Always say yes to extra sprinkles no matter how old you get!
- You’ve already done more in just two decades than many do in a lifetime, and I can’t wait to see what this new one holds in store. Love always, your parents.
- Freshly twenty! Watching you blossom into a young woman has been the sunniest part of my life.
- Darling daughter, this makes 20 times I’ve gotten to celebrate the greatest gift I’ve ever received. Enjoy your beautiful birthday, my love.
- This, your sweet day of birth, is always the happiest day for me each and every year. May this 20th one be the best yet!
Funny 20th Birthday Wishes!
If your birthday gal or guy has a big sense of humor, then they’ll likely appreciate a funny birthday wish as they enter their twenties.
- Ever wonder why most riding mowers have a 20 hp engine? Twenty is the year to cut up and rake in the life experiences. Have a great time mowing down all the birthday treats!
- Turning 20 means you’re still too young for most of the adult shenanigans, but you’re no longer a teenage cub. Happy year of not having a seat at any table.
- Now that you’ve entered the third decade of life and all, I’m sure you’re far too wise, old, and mature to expect an actual birthday gift from one broke college kid to another.
- Now that you’re not a teenager anymore, don’t worry about a past that’s done, a future that’s unpredictable, nor the present that I didn’t get you.
- Here’s to the first 20th b-day you’ll have in a life obsessed with numbers. By the time you’re my age, you’ll likely have turned 20 at least a dozen times, not that I’ve ever done that or anything.
- You think you’re all special just because you have 20 candles on your cake this year? Uhm, I have news for you – you’re special everyday.
- What goes up, never down? Your age, of course, of course. Here’s to number 20 for you!
- If you feel all warm suddenly, it’s because you have so many near and dear friends toasting you being around for 20 years of life and having the best birthday imaginable!
- I’d get you trunk full of gifts if only we were elephants. We aren’t, and I didn’t, but I did take the time to amuse you with a clever play on words to celebrate you on your 20th.
- Clearly, I care about you more than the people who sent 20 dollar bills in prefab Happy 20th Birthday greeting cards. I mean I did actually write this lovely message myself whilst they just sent you something some stranger wrote.
- Why did the cake go to the doctor? It was feeling quite crumby and all iced up! Hope your birthday cupcakes are all healthy and your day turning 20 is all merry.
Happy 20th Birthday Messages for your Sister
- Happy birthday to the youngest and most amazing 20-year-old in my life. Dear sis, it’s my prayer that as you celebrate this milestone birthday, you will receive nothing but the choicest of blessings from above.
- Wishing an ecstatic birthday to my wonderful sister who turns 20 today. I wish you a prosperous and fulfilling life as a 20-year-old.
- Cheers to 20 beautiful years of existence, dear sister! I wish you a rocking 20th birthday celebration.
- Happy 20th birthday, my sweet sister. I wish you a life filled with smiles and laughter. May you forever see and enjoy all the beautiful things in this world.
- Dearest sister, as we celebrate the official expiration of your teenage years today, may you forever walk in glory.
- Welcome to the first day of life in your twenties. The real pleasures of life begin from this age. Enjoy it to the max. Happy 20th.
- As you say goodbye to your teenage years and welcome your twenties, may your blessings in life come at supersonic speeds and be as uncountable as the grains of sugar.
- Just like a river always flows into the sea, may happiness always flow into your heart. Happy 20th birthday.
- Wishing a fabulously happy 20th birthday to a phenomenal sister. It’s a great honor being your sister/brother.
- Happy 20th birthday. Wishing you peace, good health and joy all the days of your life.
- Wishing a bright and memorable 20th birthday celebration to my loving sister. Dear sis, regardless of the fact that you still can’t legally drink, there are oceans of reasons that make turning 20 amazing! I hope you enjoy all the magical moments of this age.
- Happy 20th birthday. Wishing you a glittering and happy life accompanied by good luck.
Inspirational Quotes for 20th Birthday
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
- Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. Marilyn Monroe
- Everything you can imagine is real. Pablo Picasso
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’! Audrey Hepburn
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
- May you live every day of your life. Jonathan Swift
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. Dalai Lama XIV
You may also like: