Of all the birthdays you celebrate year-round, the birthday of your mother is likely to be one of the most important. There is a special kind of appreciation that we all have for our mothers and for good reason. Mothers often sacrifice a lot and often make hard decisions for the good of their children. There is a certain strength in a mother that is not always appreciated when you are young. But often times, as we grow older and wiser, our appreciation grows for the woman who nurtured us into adulthood.
Every mom wants to feel loved and appreciated every day, especially on her birthday. Looking for the perfect words to express your appreciation? Here are some thoughtful quotes you can send to or share with her.
- 1 Sentimental and Sweet Birthday Messages for Mom
- 2 Witty and Funny Birthday Messages for Mom
- 3 Cute Quotes for Mom
- 4 Long Birthday Quotes for Mom
- 5 Birthday Wishes for my Second Mom
- 6 Short Birthday Wishes for Mom
- 7 40th Birthday Wishes to my Mother
- 8 50th Birthday Wishes for my Mother
- 9 60th Birthday Greetings for my Mother
- 10 70th Birthday Wishes to Send to my Mother
- 11 80th Birthday Messages for my Mother
- 12 Birthday Messages from Son to Mom
- 13 Birthday Messages from Daughter to Mom
- 14 Birthday Messages for a Mother-in-Law
- 15 Wishes for my Mother in Difficult Times
- 16 Dear Mom in Heaven | Birthday Wishes for a Mother Who Passed Away
- 17 Birthday Poems for your Mom
Sentimental and Sweet Birthday Messages for Mom
- It’s hard to take credit for any of the successes I have in life. As hard as I have worked to become the best I can be, you worked even harder to help me reach my dreams. Thank you and Happy Birthday, Mother!
- Never have I been more grateful to have a wonderful woman like you to call Mom. Happy Birthday and I wish you many more to come!
- Mom, through the years I’ve watched you grow older and wiser. Even as the years go by, your love grows stronger and unfaltering.
- My warmest wishes, Mom. You deserve to enjoy every bit of it. I hope your day is filled with love and warm wishes.
- Dear Mom, no matter how old I get, you will always be my rock and the person I run to when I need shoulder to lean on. Have a wonderful birthday!
- You are my source of wisdom and love. I am nothing without you, my amazing Mom. Happy Birthday!
- You are always a good mother to me even when I am at my worst. Thank you for being the amazing mother that I don’t deserve. Happy Birthday to you!
- Have an amazing birthday, Mom. I love you more than you could ever imagine.
- Dearest Mom, I count my blessings every day. The greatest blessing of all is having a beautiful, caring mother like you in my life.
- No one knows me like you, Mom. You know just what to say to make me laugh, just what to do to push my buttons, and how to turn my frown into a smile. Happy Birthday to the greatest mom in the world!
- The more birthdays you have, the more beautiful you get. Have a great birthday, Mother.
- I love you with all my heart, Mom. I aspire to be as good of a mother to my children as you are always to me.
- Have a super birthday, Mom! You give more than I could ever deserve.
- Happy Birthday, Mama! I’ll always be here to remind you of what a wonderful mother you are.
- Mom, you have taught me so much through the years. I have learned to value the strength of a mother. I see how much you give everyday to make others happy. Happy Birthday and I love you from the bottom of my heart.
- To my wonderful mother on your birthday: You have given me tough love. You have given honest advice even when I didn’t want to hear it. You have encouraged me and chastised me when I needed it. You are everything to me and the reason I turned out to be the best version of me. I am wishing you a wonderful birthday, from my heart to yours!
- Nothing means more to me than to see your smiling face on your birthday. I hope you spend every birthday surrounded by those who love you most. Happy Birthday!
- Have a wonderful birthday, Mother. I appreciate you more than you know.
Witty and Funny Birthday Messages for Mom
- Best wishes, Mom. You’ll always be my favorite parent. After all, we all know I’m your favorite child.
- Dear Mom. Thank goodness that I’m finally old enough to show you how I really party. Happy Birthday to you!
- Mom, I used to hate the way you were always right. Now I’ve learned to always take head to your advice.
- I’m going to make this birthday special for you, Mom, just to make you regret all those empty threats to give me up for adoption.
- Dear Mom. I often catch myself saying the same corny phrases you used to say to me as a child. I guess you’re rubbing off on me. Happy Birthday!
- Wishing you the best, my cool Mom. You’re getting older but we can still pass for sisters! You look better than ever.
- We want you to have a wonderful birthday, Mom. So as your gift, we are sending Dad away on extended vacation.
- Mom, It’s your birthday! I want you to know that your best days are still ahead of you. Happy Birthday!
- I’m so lucky to have a Mom who still parties like she’s in her twenties. Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day.
- Dear Mom. You are responsible for the person I am today. So when I mess up, remember that I am just a product of my upbringing. Have a special birthday!
- I’m happy to have a mom as beautiful as you are. I’m even happier that in 20 years I’ll look as good as you.
- Have a great birthday, Mom. I hope the years to come brings you much prosperity and a giving heart to share all that wealth.
- I just came over because I smelled birthday cake…and, of course, because I have the greatest mother in the world! Happy Birthday to you, Mom.
- Mom, I know you are older and wiser. But you can still act young and carefree on your birthday! Enjoy your day!
- We’re celebrating your birthday today. I can say that I am very grateful you were born on this day. Because without you, there would be no me. Happy Birthday!
- I really appreciate a mom that I can laugh and be silly with as if we were sisters! Wishing you a happy birthday, mama!
Cute Quotes for Mom
- Thank you for always being my rock and fortress. May you never know how it feels like to be sad. Have a birthday that is as beautiful as your smile.
- For being the sweetest mother in the world, I wish you blessings and happiness beyond your wildest imagination. I love you so much!
- Mom, you are the most outstanding woman in my life, and you shall forever be my number one. Have a beautiful birthday.
- When life blesses you with an amazing mother like mine, you automatically become the luckiest person in the world. Thank you for making me the luckiest person alive.
- Wishing a happy birthday to the most important and treasured woman in my life, who happens to be my sweet mother. Love you so much, Mom. May happiness forever flow freely through your life.
- Mom, you are an amazing person who has inspired me all my life. Thank you for being my mother. Happy birthday.
- You fill my soul with happiness and help me achieve things that I never dreamed I could ever achieve in this lifetime. Mom, you are truly an angel. May you be blessed with happiness beyond what your heart can contain. Have a beautiful day.
- What would I do without you, Mother? Thank you for helping me blossom into what I was born to be. Mom, to say you are an exceptionally wonderful woman is a huge understatement.
- Mother, you are my number one source of happiness, and that is why I shall love you until the rivers stop flowing into the sea. Have a beautiful birthday.
Long Birthday Quotes for Mom
- You are an angel who constantly lifts me out of the depths of despair and fills my soul with sunshine. Mom, if I had one wish it would be that you would live in true happiness until the end of time because you deserve it. Happy birthday.
- In one’s lifetime, everything is possible when you are blessed with a phenomenal mother. And I’m so lucky to be blessed with the most phenomenal mother in the world. Mom, even if I gave you all the wealth in this world, it wouldn’t be sufficient to thank you for your unconditional love and support you shower me with every day of your life. God bless you.
- Mom, your selflessness and love for your children and others always leave me completely astounded. I’m so proud to have someone like you that I can introduce to the world as my sweet mother. May the light of the heavens forever shine on you.
- On your anniversary, it’s my prayer that all the happiness from all the corners of the world will come together and make their way straight into your heart so that you may dwell in happiness all the days of your life. To me, you are the most magnificent woman on earth, Mom.
- Thank you for nourishing my dreams and helping me become the person I am today. Without a phenomenal mother like you, I would be absolutely nothing. If all mothers in the world did for their children all the wonderful things you do for me, there would be more bliss here on earth than up in paradise.
Birthday Wishes for my Second Mom
- Mom, thank you for always painting a rainbow in my sky. Thanks for constantly believing in me and motivating me to reach greater heights in life. I love you so much. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to the sweetest second mother in the universe. Mom, may good fortune, peace, and happiness always show their beautiful faces in your world. Just can’t stop loving you.
- Happy birthday, Mom! I can’t thank the universe enough for bringing us together in this lifetime. May this birthday of yours bless you abundantly with all the love and joy you bring into my life.
- May God fill your world with peace, beauty, and most importantly, happiness without limit. Have a great birthday, Mom.
- Having a second mother like you is a mighty blessing. You make my life so incredibly beautiful and amazing. May your birthday and all the days of your life be flooded with nothing but true joy. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday! May the blessings you receive in life be so mighty that the words of mankind struggle to describe them.
- I consider myself blessed to have found my second mother in such a remarkable woman like you. Thank you for always being there to advise me and wipe away my tears. On your birthday, I pray that God will bless you and keep you healthy, safe and happy forever.
- In my eyes, you’re awesome beyond belief. Today, I wish you a truly outstanding birthday celebration packed with blessings from God himself.
- Happy birthday, Mom! My love and respect for you grow every blessed day because you are a precious jewel. May the sun never stop shining in your sky and making your days on earth as beautiful as you are to my world.
- All I want you to have today is the most joyful of joyful birthdays. You deserve this because you have the sweetheart of an angel.
- Happy birthday to my wonderful second mom. In the eyes of the world, you are just my second mother. In my eyes, you’re my best friend and the sunshine in my blue skies. I hope you have a blessed birthday and an even more blessed life.
- You have been a role model, superb and amazing thus far, giving you warm hugs when I needed one, and deputizing for my real mom whenever she was absent. Thank you, and may God reward you greatly for all you’ve done for me. Happy birthday.
Short Birthday Wishes for Mom
- Happy birthday, Mom. I love you more and more with each passing day.
- The only time I am truly happy is when I hear your voice. Happy birthday, sweet Mom.
- Wishing a happy birthday to a mother who is more precious to me than all the wealth in the universe. May the heavens never stop enriching your life, Mom.
- You have made loving me your specialty, and for that, I say “God bless you”. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday, sweet Mom. I pray that you will always live the life your soul intended.
- You will never outlive your usefulness in my life. Happy birthday, dearest Mom.
- In my eyes, you are the perfect definition of a mother. Have a glorious day.
- Mom, celebrate this anniversary knowing that you shall forever by the pride and joy of my life.
- There are literally countless reasons why you mean the world to me, Mom. Happy birthday.
- Wishing my lovely mother a fabulously happy birthday. May happiness always hold your heart of gold like glue.
- You are not only my loving mother, but also my greatest hero. Happy birthday.
- Sweet mother, you are both the foundation of my life and happiness. May your birthday bring you the happiness you bring me.
- Happy birthday to my amazing mother, mentor and friend. May God richly bless your new age.
- I smile every day because I am the proud son/daughter of an astonishingly remarkable woman.
40th Birthday Wishes to my Mother
- The world means nothing without you but my life is so meaningful with you by my side. Happy 40th birthday to my sweet mom.
- You may be getting older but your heart keeps getting younger. Thank you for the love you bring to me. Happy 40th birthday, mom. Enjoy your day.
- The story of my life is never complete without you. You appear in every page. Thanks for the immense contribution in making me what I am today. Happy 40th birthday.
- God knows what I would have missed in a sweet mom like you if you were not my mom. I appreciate every bit of you. Happy 40th birthday, mom.
- I have had the best birthdays over the years thanks to you, mom. I return this gesture as you celebrate your 40th birthday, mother. Have a good one.
- You are all I ever wanted to become in life. Thank you for the living example you have been to me all of my life. Happy 40th birthday, mom.
- I just want to beat every other person to be the first to wish you a happy 40th birthday. Wishing you all the best, my special mom.
- Today will never be complete without the best wishes to the one who occupies a very special place in my heart. I love you so much, mom. Happy 40th birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday, sweet Mom. May this new age bring you heavenly bliss, peace and prosperity.
- Wishing the world’s greatest mother a happy 40th birthday. On this great anniversary of your birth, may all the dreams you have within your heart come to fruition.
- Happy 40th birthday to the sweetest mother ever. May this new age welcome you to the good life.
- The world is a beautiful place when I look at it through your eyes, Mom. I love you. Happy 40th.
- Mom, you give me all the love in the world. I couldn’t wish for a better mother. Happy 40th birthday.
- No woman in this world can be my number one superhero (heroine) simply because that position has been occupied by you, my dearest mother. Have a 40th birthday that is as magical as you are.
- Mom, to me, you are Queen of all under the heaven. Happy 40th birthday.
- Happy birthday to my exceptionally beautiful and always loving mother who turns 40 today. I shall always cherish, love, care and support you, sweet Mom.
- I can never stop thanking my lucky stars for divinely selecting me to be your son/daughter. Have an amazing 40th birthday, Mom.
- Mom, as you mark your 40th birthday, do know that you are loved more than you can ever imagine. You’re the best.
- As this wonderful new chapter of your life commences, it’s my prayer that true happiness will be your only companion for the road ahead. Happy 40th birthday.
50th Birthday Wishes for my Mother
- Today, I celebrate 50 years of greatness in a mother. Congratulations, Mom, and do have a wonderful celebration. Happy birthday.
- Indeed the truest friend I have ever had in my life is you, mom. I will never stop loving you. Happy 50th birthday.
- There’s no woman worthy of my love than my sweet mom. You are one of a kind and I intend to make your birthday the same. Happy 50th birthday.
- I can’t believe you are 50 years. You are an incredibly beautiful and awesome mom and I wish you all the beautiful things in the world. Happy birthday.
- Mothers are what make home worth missing. I can’t wait to return home and spend this fabulous day with you. Happy 50th birthday.
- Mom, after 50 years, nothing has changed about your love and care towards the family. You are my true heroine. Happy birthday, mom.
- Mom, you are an irreplaceable person in my life. No one can do what you do. I wish you long life and happiness in your life, sweet mom. Happy 50th birthday.
- Let’s have all the fun in the world today, mom, because today is a great milestone in your life. I can’t believe you’re 50 years and still kicking like a 17 year old. Thank God for your life. Happy birthday.
60th Birthday Greetings for my Mother
- You are a true blessing to me. Today I bless your day with all the things you’ve ever wished for in life. Happy 60th birthday, my sweet mother.
- You are 60! But you look nowhere near 40. Keep shinning and growing beautiful. Happy birthday, mom.
- The hardest thing today is that I wouldn’t be able to join you to celebrate this wonderful day, but you are always with me in my heart. Have a wonderful day. Happy 60th, mom.
- To the woman who is always at my beck and call. I love you with my entire heart, mom. Happy 60th birthday.
- 60 years is a long way, mom. Take this day to reflect on all the beautiful moments in your life. Happy birthday. I love you.
- Your age doesn’t matter, mom. All that matters is the accomplishments you have achieved over the years. I love you very much. Happy 60th birthday.
- You are 60 years, but you don’t look like it. That’s incredible. Count your blessings as you celebrate this great milestone of your life. Happy birthday.
- Happy 60th birthday, sweet mom. May you continue to enjoy great happiness and good health in life.
70th Birthday Wishes to Send to my Mother
- Thinking about you on this special day of yours, mom. You have always been a true inspiration in my life and I will always make you proud. Happy 70th birthday.
- Happy birthday to a superb woman I call my mom. May your 70th birthday bring you all the joy you deserve in life. Have a wonderful day.
- Dear mother, not a second goes by that I don’t think about you and your amazing love and kindness. You are simply the best, and will always be. Happy 70th birthday.
- On this special day, I want to tell you how much I admire every little thing about you, most of all your wisdom. I couldn’t have asked for more in a mom like you. Happy 70th birthday.
- Mom, you have every reason to celebrate this remarkable day of your life because you have lived a life worth emulating. Have a wonderful 70th birthday, mom.
- Today, as you celebrate your Big Day, I just want you to know how much of a blessing you have been to all of us. Happy 70th birthday. May God richly bless your new age, mom.
80th Birthday Messages for my Mother
- Happy birthday, mom. May your 80th birthday fill you with great memories and happiness. Love and respect you so much.
- Your presence in this world makes the world an amazing place for me. Continue to be a blessing to me and everybody that comes your way. Happy 80th birthday.
- Thank you for sharing the amazing moments of your life by my side. Happy 80th birthday to the loveliest and most amazing mother on earth.
- Happy 80th birthday to the youngest mother in the world. Mom, you would never know how much of a blessing you have been to me. I love you so much.
- People take inspiration from famous people and those on TV, but for me, my only true inspiration in life comes from my 80 year old mom. Happy 80th, mom.
- You may be weak in your bones at 80 but you are strong in the heart and mind. God bless you, mom. Happy birthday.
- If your wisdom, love and kindness were to be given a price tag, no one could ever afford it. Happy 80th birthday, mom.
- Mom, for 8 decades you have made this world a better place for mankind by simply being in it. I am so privileged and proud to be your son/daughter. Happy 80th birthday. May the light of God never stop shinning on your life.
Birthday Messages from Son to Mom
- Mothers usually make sacrifices for the benefit of their children, but you have given me more than sacrifices; you’ve given me your all. Happy birthday, the sweetest Mom on earth!
- We may have our disagreements and quarrels, but those are just part of life. What matters is that both of us are ready to stay true to our natural bond. Thank you for being there. Happy birthday.
- It’s no secret that you’ve made your mark in my life. Since my childhood, you’ve been that big tree whose shade I truly relish. Happy birthday, mom.
- Slow to anger and quick to forgive, you’ve earned the title of best mom in the world. On this day, I am sending you this birthday message for a long life, peace, and prosperity. Hoorays.
- Kids can be unruly, a reality that can make parenting a hell of a job. But you choose, each day, to embrace this job in its entirety. May God bless you for your diligence. Happy birthday.
- Even in my old age, you still call me your baby. I’m always sobered when I hear you call me. Long may you live to keep calling, advising and inspiring. Happy birthday!
- After God, no one knows me better than you. May God bless the belly from which I came. Cheers.
- When you are not around, I feel an emptiness that only God can fathom. Thank you for being an oasis in life’s rough desert. Happy birthday to you, mom.
- From my very first steps to my very first laugh to my first fall, you’ve been there with me all the way. I can’t thank you enough for your guidance. Enjoy this day!
- Thank you for believing in me even when the facts suggested that you should do otherwise. Only a real mother can do this. Have a blessed day.
Birthday Messages from Daughter to Mom
- Debts can be cleared; loans, repaid; and loses, made up for. But your tender love and care can never be requited. I can’t thank you enough, mom! Happy birthday.
- Having children of my own has put into perspective the extent of your unconditional love, patience, and perseverance in my upbringing. May you live long!
- Mom, I obviously can never ever have the ability to repay all that you’ve done for me, which is why on this big day, I pray for peace, sound health, and happiness in your life. Have an awesome birthday celebration.
- I may run from your scolding, but I can never hide from your warm embrace, compassion, and love. I thank God for your life, mom. Happy birthday.
- Despite featuring prominently on the list of things you could get tired of, I never suffered abandonment from you. You embraced me with all my imperfections. Lots of love to you on your birthday, sweet mother!
- Your calm disposition perfectly complemented dad’s aggressive outlook on life. Thank you for showing me the beauty of balance in life. Happy birthday.
- You stood for me when my stronger, older siblings wanted to take undue advantage of me. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be a voice to the voiceless. Happy birthday.
Birthday Messages for a Mother-in-Law
- I like to call you my mother’s twin because the two of you are alike in mannerisms and temperament. Thank you for being you. Happy birthday.
- Cars, ships, jets, and real estate are things I can always give to you. However, they can never be enough to requite your kindness towards me. Have a blessed day!
- To the rest of the world, you are a mere mother-in-law, but deep down in my heart, you are a rock of support during life’s turbulent storms. Enjoy this day to the max!
- When I married your son/daughter, I never knew that it would start an amazing relationship with an intelligent woman like you. Thanks for broadening my understanding of marriage. Happy birthday.
- I think that when God instituted marriage, he meant to give the motherless a chance to receive motherly love. I’ll say that you’ve done a terrific job so far. Happy birthday.
- Your words are music to my ears; and your smile, peace to my mind. Thank you for showing me the ropes of marriage. You are truly one of a kind. Happy birthday!
- Thank you for teaching my husband/wife how to love like a real man/woman. Very few men/women are fortunate to have good teachers like you. Enjoy this day to the fullest.
Wishes for my Mother in Difficult Times
- Mom, I know you are a strong person. You have overcome harder times, and these tough times are no exception. You shall certainly overcome this too. Never give up, mom. Happy birthday.
- I am of the conviction that someday you’d look back at these moments, though they are bitter, and smile. Happy birthday.
- Mom, as you celebrate your birthday, do know that I will always be there for you through thick and thin, and that includes now.
- You are always on my mind, mom, and these trying times are certainly no exception. Please don’t see the problems you are currently facing as big because you are bigger than them. Happy birthday.
- All hope isn’t lost, mom. These rough times will not last forever. Soon they shall go away, and you shall be happy once again. Happy birthday.
- I admire you for your courage in standing firm through the storms lately. A little more of that is just what you need. Just hold on a little longer, for everything will soon be alright. Happy birthday.
- I believe your sufferings will not go unrewarded, mom. Everything will be back to normal, and happiness shall once again dwell in your heart. I love you so much. Happy birthday.
- Birthday Greetings in Hard Times
Dear Mom in Heaven | Birthday Wishes for a Mother Who Passed Away
- It’s sad you had to go because your years were numbered, but I’m happy for the times we got to spend together. Happy birthday, even as you rest in power.
- We all have a limited time to stay on earth. No one made this clearer to me than you while you were here with us. May God keep you until we meet again!
- I think I know why I miss you; it’s because you were the most wonderful creation of God. And since you are not here, I’ll celebrate your day by paying your kindness forward to others.
- A beautiful soul, a warm spirit, a sportive heart, and a gentle touch. Those are the qualities I remember you for on your birthday. Rest well, sweet Mom.
- On this day, I choose not to cry. Instead, I’ve decided to assume your calm disposition and optimistic outlook on life. I know it’s what you’d want me to do!
- Wife, mother, co-worker, cook, arbitrator, recreation companion, etc. You did all the work and never complained. You inspire me even in your death. I miss you.
- God brought you here for a purpose, and when it was served, He took you back. On this big day, I celebrate the very purpose that brought you here.
- With you, a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day. You showed me the importance of perspective in life. Your legacy lives on through me.
- If I could bring you back, I would, but God has other plans for you, and no one beats God to His plans. For that matter, rest well on this blessed day.
Birthday Poems for your Mom
- Every team has its most valuable player (MVP)
In mine, it’s you
Not because you own billions
Neither is it because you possess bullions
But because you give everything your best shot
Thanks will never be enough to requite your sacrifices
Happy birthday to the real MVP
- As a vine sustains and nourishes its branches
So do you provide and care for your own
You make my sorrows and pain your own
So that I don’t have to bear any
And you allay my worries and fears
So that I can thrive unencumbered
You deserve all the hugs and kisses a child can give a mother
Happy birthday to the best mother in the world
- A sweet mother like you is as precious to me as the earth is to mankind
You make my world better
And give me a hundred billion reasons to smile
Never will life produce your kind
Because angels like you come once in an eternity
I’m tremendously blessed to call an amazing and sweet woman like you my mother
You may also like: