It is not uncommon for a friendship to develop into a deep relationship, a relationship so strong that the friend can feel like a family member. This is why saying goodbye to someone you bond with can be difficult and finding words that are adequate enough to express your feelings isn’t easy.
If you are in a situation where you are moving away, your friend is moving away, or there’s some other situation that will be separating the two of you and you need to say goodbye, let these messages help you find the words to say.
Table of Contents
- Farewell Messages to a Friend
- Funny Farewell Messages to a Friend
- Farewell Messages to a Friend Moving Out of the Country
- Farewell Messages to a Friend Moving Away
- Farewell Messages to Your Teammates When You Leave Your Team
Farewell Messages to a Friend
These are farewell messages that are appropriate for a friend:
- Good friends are hard to find. Losing them is harder. Farewell dear friend. I will miss you dearly.
- You are like family to me, and like family, I know that you will always be a part of my life, even after we say goodbye.
- Fond memories of the friendship we’ve created overwhelm my emotions as I struggle to say farewell on this sad day.
- I’ll always remember the fun we had, and I’ll look forward to seeing you again in the future. Goodbye for now, dear friend.
- Distance won’t weaken our friendship, even though it will prevent me from seeing you every day. For this, I regret having to say goodbye to such a good friend like you.
- We met and we bonded, but now I’m moving away and have to say farewell. Saying goodbye to a friend like you is one of the hardest things on my list of things to do.
- Never let our friendship suffer from my move. Good friends have the type of bond distance can never break. Farewell to my forever friend.
Funny Farewell Messages to a Friend
These funny farewell messages can be used to lighten the sadness associated with saying goodbye to a friend:
- I’m not only saying goodbye to my best friend, I’m saying farewell to the only person I know who’s able to tolerate my lactose intolerance.
- Unlike me, my phone service provider is happy we’re saying goodbye because they know I’ll be on the phone with you more now that I’ll no longer see you after moving far away. Hello unlimited talk and text plan.
- I always thought you were a little weird. Maybe that’s the reason we became such good friends. It takes one to know one. Not looking forward to eating potato chip sandwiches without you. Goodbye.
- Years of fun-filled days with you have made me realize what a good friend you are. That and the fact that you always gave me the coolest gifts. Farewell. Hope to see you again someday.
- Having a friend like you means almost as much to me as licks from my puppy. So sad to have to say goodbye to such a doggone amazing friend.
- Your friendship is as soothing to my soul as my cat purring is, and it’s hypoallergenic. Saying goodbye to you makes my eyes water and makes kitty happy to know she won’t have you to compete with any longer.
- The bad news is, I’m moving, my dear friend. The good news is, I’ll be calling you on the phone more often, and I can keep the rollers in my hair and the mask on my face when I do because you won’t see me.
Farewell Messages to a Friend Moving Out of the Country
Here are some farewell messages for a friend who’s leaving the country:
- You have lived with me in this country for so long, your absence will change my life forever. Because you have been such a wonderful friend, I will miss you very much. Farewell.
- As you move on with your life and leave to go live in another country, know that our friendship will remain strong. Goodbye, dear friend.
- Your departure will leave us miles apart and my heart in pain. Although I won’t see you as often as I’d like to, I’ll cherish our friendship forever. Farewell to you, my dearest friend.
- The country you now live in will suffer after losing you. Your new home will be blessed with the presence of a wonderful person who I call my dearest friend. With sadness, I bid you farewell.
- You can leave the country, but you cannot leave my heart. You’ll be there for as long as our friendship lasts, and that should be forever. Goodbye from your forever friend.
- It’s not okay that you’re leaving the country. Though your leaving makes me sad, I wish you good luck wherever you go. I’ll always want the best for you. Farewell, dear friend. Contact me in the future.
Farewell Messages to a Friend Moving Away
Send one of these messages to a friend who’s moving away:
- As you prepare to move away, I prepare to cry my eyes out. You are a friend I will surely miss. I will wait to see you again in the future, my dear friend. Goodbye for now.
- We established a friendship, and we nurtured it through the years. Now it’s time to say goodbye because you are moving and it hurts. The only thing that eases my pain is the hope that I’ll see you again someday.
- No matter how far away you move, I’ll always remember you, and I’ll always be thankful for our friendship. Farewell. You will never be forgotten.
- So, you’ve told me you’re moving away. I’m not happy. You’re my favorite friend and I don’t want to see you go. Do what you have to do. I understand that you must. I will miss you every day.
- Our friendship is true, so other than the fact that I won’t see you every day, nothing about our friendship will change. I will still remember all the happy times we had together, and I will forever hold you in my heart. Good luck on your move and goodbye.
- The thought of saying farewell to a good friend like you makes my heart heavy with sorrow. I hope to see you again someday.
Farewell Messages to Your Teammates When You Leave Your Team
If you’re on a team you have to leave, warm farewell messages like these can be used to adequately express your feelings towards your teammates:
- Being your teammate has been a wonderful experience, and I will miss working with you from this day forward. Goodbye and good luck.
- I became part of your team, and I was happy about that. I enjoyed every day spent working with you. Before I leave, I just want to say that I will miss you. My wishes for your future success are with you as I say goodbye.
- I shake like a leaf at the thought of not being able to sit with my teammate and have coffee with you again. No, it has nothing to do with caffeine withdrawal. You will be missed.
- I’d rather not say goodbye to a teammate as wonderful as you because saying goodbye to you isn’t good. So, I’ll just say farewell and wish you good luck.
- I always have trouble saying goodbye, especially to teammates who I’ve established a friendship with. See you again someday. Take care.
- Farewell teammate. Goodbye. Working with you has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
You May Also Like: