Best 50 Christmas Messages to Write in a Greeting Card
Seasonal holidays offer the perfect opportunity to put into words all the thanks, well-wishes, and affection you feel for those important people in your life, including coworkers, family, friends, and bosses. With the daily grind of living and working, we often neglect to say what we assume others know. Christmastime is the perfect occasion to ensure what’s in your heart is expressed clearly and proudly.
Of course, we all aren’t poets and authors. The sentiments may be difficult to actually put into words, right? That’s why we offer this array of greetings and messages that can be sent by paper or electronically this Christmas season.
Table of Contents
- Christmas Card Messages For Family And Friends
- Funny Christmas Card Messages
- Famous Christmas Card Quotes
Christmas Card Messages For Family And Friends
Look through these messages to tell your inner-most circle your thoughts before Christmas arrives.
- Dear family and friends, from our home to yours, we wish you all the very merriest of Christmases past, present, and future.
- Hope your holidays are complete with endless happiness and tremendous peace. Bless you all for being such a positive force in my life.
- May the heavens above shine a multitude of blessings upon my dear family and closest friends this Noel, and may we take a moment to remember those no longer with us.
- With faith, all is possible. With love, all can be conquered. With hope, all can be beautiful. May Christmas’s reason bless you with all three.
- Here’s to all the loving and fabulous friendships and family bonds near and dear to my heart. Wishing you all the brightest Christmastime possible.
- In the spirit of the Christmas holidays, it must be said that I have been gifted with the best inner circle in existence. Thank you for all you do, and my best wishes for a wide and high YuleTIDE!
- Gratitude and pride fill my heart as I pay a holiday tribute to all the beloved people who make my life so full. Have yourselves a magnificent CHRISTmas.
- My Christmas prayer is for all the wonders of the season to pour into the homes and lives of those I cherish most – yes, that includes you!
- As my brood opens their gifts this year, I do hope that they’ll open their hearts to the reason behind the season and allow all the love and joy that they so deserve to nourish their body and soul to sustain the New Year.
- May your credit score be as bright as Rudolf’s nose and your wallet be as wide as Santa’s belt. You’ll need every bit to cover our crazy bunch’s wish list.
- Remember the three key rules to Christmas’y cheer – hold family close, give enemies the wrong address, and keep receipts for all major purchases.
Funny Christmas Card Messages
Laughter can be a true celebration by itself, let alone a great outcome when someone reads your Christmas card.
- Let’s be naughty and save Santa a trip.
- Santa saw your Instagram feed. He’s sending the sleigh with his order – you can’t charge shipping, though.
- May this Christmas season bring you an abundance of joy, good times with friends and no diets afterwards.
- Ho ho hoping you’ve been better than last year. #Santamightknow
- A Jolly Christmas? Wine not!
- Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard. Andy Borowitz
- This Christmas, I hope something great will lift us all up. Perhaps a botox.
- May your days be merry and bright, but watch out with the electricity bills.
- Mentally I am ready for Christmas, financially I am not ready for Christmas.
- You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger. Robert Paul
- I’m dreaming of a white, black, Asian, Eskimo Christmas, you know I’m not a racist!
- There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus. Bob Phillips
Famous Christmas Card Quotes
Sometimes, what important important people have said is the best thing to say when you want your message to stand the test of time.
- Christmas is the day that holds all time together. Alexander Smith
- Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling. Edna Ferber
- Christmas now surrounds us, Happiness is everywhere. Our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air. Shirley Sallay
- Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room. Nora Roberts
- What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. Agnes M. Pahro
- It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving. Mother Theresa
- Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more! Dr. Seuss
- May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve. Unknown
- Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone. Charles M. Schulz
- I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another. Carrie Fisher
- God bless us, every one! A Christmas Carol
- Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime. Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Will Ferrell, Elf
- The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving. James Cash Penney
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. Dale Evans Rogers
- Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see. The Polar Express
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love. Hamilton Wright Mabie
- Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white’. Bing Crosby
- Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand. Dr. Seuss
- I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. Harlan Miller
- The world has grown weary through the years, but at Christmas, it is young. Phillips Brooks
- At Christmas, all roads lead home. Marjorie Holmes
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. Norman Vincent Peale
- The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. George Carlin
- Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered. Phyllis Diller
- Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever. Richelle E. Goodrich
- Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we’ve no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Let it Snow
- I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play
And wild and sweet, the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly. Andy Rooney
You may also like: