We think romantic feelings need to be expressed all the time. So if you are having trouble finding the right words to melt your lover’s heart, you can use any of the many romantic terms listed below.
We have also featured romance advice as well as quotes and poems on the subject of sensual love from some celebrities and great thinkers!
Will You Call Me That?
List of Romantic Words
Here is a list of words that can be applied to your object of affection to induce romantic feelings:
Other Words of Love
Synonyms of Romantic
The following are really strong synonyms for romantic. Simply put, these words can be used to replace the word “romantic”:
True romance requires constant input to remind your significant other how much you care. Here are some small yet powerful gestures that should have the desired effect of expressing your love:
- Buying a drink for the object of your affection’s mother or father
- Texting or sending a DM to your sweetheart saying ‘I love you’
- Buying your loved one a copy of their favorite book or CD
- Watching your loved one’s favorite television program with him or her, even if you don’t particularly enjoy it
- Having the courage to tell a secret crush how you feel about him or her
- Acknowledging your loved one on birthdays, anniversaries and of course Valentine’s Day
- Reminding him/her of what initially attracted you to him/her
- Offering to pay the bill that someone you care about may have incurred
- Making informal plans with your sweetheart for your future wedding
- Taking him/her on a suspense-filled date, where he/she won’t know the final destination until you have reached it
- Cooking the favorite meal of your loved one (with his/her assistance, if necessary!)
- Dedicating a song to your significant other on his/her favorite radio station
- Performing a foot massage on your loved one after he/she returns home from a hard day at work
- Ordering a pizza for your sweetheart, complete with his/her favorite toppings
- Complimenting or throwing a personal party for your loved one for something he or she may have accomplished at work, even if it’s seemingly insignificant
- Writing a personalized poem for your loved one, even if you’re not a good poet
- Accompanying your partner the next time he or she has a doctor’s appointment
- Listening intently the next time your partner speaks about something bothering him/her
- Donating money to your partner’s favorite charity or cause
- Buying your loved one a box of chocolates or whatever his or her favorite high-priced snack may be for no specific reason.
Saying “I love you” in different languages
Another very romantic thing you can do for your partner is professing your love to him/her in a different language. The following are how to say the phrase “I love you” in some of the popular languages of the world:
- Swedish: “Jag älskar dig”
- Swahili: “Naku penda”
- Spanish: “Te quiero”
- Russian: “Ya lyublyu tebya”
- Portuguese: “Eu te amo”
- Mandarin: “Wo ai ni”
- Korean: “Sarang hae”
- Japanese: “Aishiteru”
- Italian: “Ti amo”
- Greek: “S’agapo”
- German: “Ich liebe dich”
- French: “Je t’aime”
- Dutch: “Ik hou van jou”
- Arabic: “Ana uhibbuka”
Famous Romantic Quotes
You are not alone when it comes to falling in love! Some prominent people have gone through the same thing and can provide deep insight on how to approach the world of romance:
- Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. Carolyn Gold Heilbrun
- Vulnerability is the essence of romance. Ashton Kutcher
- It’s fun to get lost in love and romance. Brittany Murphy
- Husbands and wives, first be faithful to each other. Second, keep the romance going all of your life by courting each other every day. Zig Ziglar
- I am a better person when I let myself have the time for romance and for love. Diane Kruger
- There is no shame in saying we all want to be loved by someone. Sean Penn
- Romance is everything. Gertrude Stein
- The trick to great romance is in overcoming adversity, in realizing that love is worth some uphill climbs. Sarah MacLean
- There aren’t rules in a romance, so they can be played any number of ways. Sydney Pollack
- I am just like any other girl, a sucker for romance. Amber Heard
- Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart. Charles Dickens
- Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in a while, you wake up in someone else’s dream. Richelle Mead
- Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else. Nicholas Sparks
- Here are some romance poems, many from days long gone, that will illustrate how your overwhelming feelings of love are nothing new!
I’m glad that I met you along the way
So that I can romance you all the day.
- Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,
Her wit, her voice my heart beguiles,
Beguiles my heart, I know not why,
And yet, I’ll love her till I die.
- She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes.
- I love thee as I love the tone
Of some soft-breathing flute
Whose soul is waked for me alone,
When all beside is mute.
- Love seeks not Itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care;
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a Heaven in Hells despair.
- My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.
You may also like: