Sweet words of love are the nectar of the soul. The things we say when we are in love and those said about love have a certain power of staying on our minds forever.
In this collection of quotes, famous people speak the truth of love and on the way they meet romantic statements about this feeling that can flood the human existence and drive it to unknown lands. The words on these images are a journey to the depths of the ocean of love – and we urge you to dive in.
You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep
because reality is finally better than your dreams.
You are the first and the last thing on my mind every single day.
If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.
Lord Alfred Tennyson
I love you for all that you are, all that you’ve been, and all you’re yet to be.
Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.
You don’t love someone because they’re perfect,
you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.
- When I look into your eyes, all of my doubts are washed away. You are my comfort and protection. I love you today and always.
- Because of you, I am no longer standing alone. Hand in hand, we take on this world together.
- Each day with you is one step closer to our union. I have waited patiently for you and now you are a blessing in my life. My love for you is greater than words can say.
- You are amazing just the way you are. Don’t ever change for me or anyone else. I love you.
- More Love Quotes for him, here.
A simple ‘I love you’ means more than money
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
Robert. A Heinlein
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
The best thing to hold onto on life is each other.
- Your love is more valuable than gold, more precious than the rarest ruby. You are the greatest treasure.
- My greatest motivation in life is to love you as though I will never see you again and to cherish every moment with you.
- One second with you is better than a million elsewhere.
- You hold the key to my heart in your soft, little hands; the light of my life sparkles in your eyes.
- More Love Quotes for her, here.
One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid,
we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
We accept the love we think we deserve.
When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive
to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
Where there is love there is life.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
Famous Love Quotes
- Love is energy of life. Robert Browning
- To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, And to sing it to them when they have forgotten. Arne Garborg
- Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
- Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties. Jules Renard
- You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world. David Levesque
- A simple I love you means more than money. Frank Sinatra
- There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. George Sand
- When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences then love has a chance to blossom. Dr. John Gray
- Love is like a mountain, hard to climb, but once you get to the top the view is beautiful. Daniel Monroe Tuttle
- Take away love, and our earth is a tomb. Robert Browning
- Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. Peter Ustinov
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. Mahatma Gandhi
- Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination. Francois Marie Arouet
- Love is like a mustard seed; planted by God and watered by men. Muda Saint Michael
- The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they’re still alive. O. A. Battista
- If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues. Edward Bulwer – Lytton
- I am certainly not an authority on love because there are no authorities on love, just those who’ve had luck with it and those who haven’t. Bill Cosby
- Love never claims it ever gives. Mohandas K. Gandhi
- If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself. Barbara de Angelis
- The giving of love is an education in itself. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. Louise Hay
- How wrong it is for those who love, not to express their love. Salmon P. Chase
- What the heart gives away is never gone …It is kept in the hearts of others. Robin St. John
- People need loving the most when they deserve it the least. John Harrigan
- Never frown because you never know who might be falling in love with your smile. Justine Milton
- Love is like the measles. The older you get it, the worse the attack. Mary Roberts Rhinehart
- Love makes of the wisest man a fool, and of the most foolish woman, a sage. Moritz J. Saphir
- Many a man in love with a dimple makes a mistake of marrying the whole girl. Stephen Leacock
- I can live without money, but I cannot live without love. Judy Garland
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. Washington Irving
- Real love is feeling like being a part of that person’s life almost isn’t enough. It’s more like a feeling that you would live in the same skin with them if you could and share every thought, heartbeat, and emotion as one. Rod Cannon
- Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell. Joan Crawford
- Love is when you look into someone’s eyes and see their heart. Jill Petty
- Love cures people – both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. Dr. Karl Menninger
- The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love. Henry Miller
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama
- The greatest possession we have costs nothing, it’s known as love. Brian Jett
- I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate. George Burns
- I only want to love once, but I want to love everybody for the rest of my life. Lauren Ford
- Who so loves believes the impossible. Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. Thomas Merton
- Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle. Crystal Middlemas
- Love isn’t blind; it just only sees what matters. William Curry
- When you’re comfortable with someone you love, the silence is the best. Britney Spears
- Love is a sign from the heavens that you are here for a reason. J. Ghetto
- To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best. William M. Thackeray
- Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one. John Keats Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it. Thomas Fuller
- In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing. Mignon McLaughlin
- To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. David Viscott
- You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. Barbara de Angelis
- If you wish the world to become loving and compassionate, become loving and compassionate yourself. Gary Zukav
- I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not. Robert G. Ingersoll
- Love is like a piece of art work, even the smallest bit can be so beautiful. Stacie Cunningham
- Love is a game that two can play and both can win. Eva Gabor
- We must love one another or die. W.H. Auden
You may also like: